AcousticMagic Voice Tracker I
The Acoustic Magic Voice Tracker is a fantastic array microphone for use in a variety of applications. In particular, the Acoustic Magic Voice Tracker is great for lectures, taking sound recordings of meetings, use with voice recognition software and in home automation. The microphone has a range of up to 30 feet and includes a noise filtering capability utilising Voice Tracker's Location Dependent Squelch technology.
The Acoustic Magic Voice Tracker will track your location as you move around the room, allowing for 180 degree movement, making it the perfect device for recording lectures or presentations. This technology will keep you free to roam around a room without needing a headset and allows you to concentrate on delivering your presentation.
Voice Tracker I Features
- Automatic electronic steering of “listening beam” to talker location
- Selectable steering limits (90 degrees and 180 degrees) for speech recognition and Meeting recording modes
- Selectable LDS to reduce annoying interference of additional talkers during speech recognition or feedback during teleconferencing
- Two stage noise reduction (spatial filtering and noise reduction processing)
- 8 element, 18 inch long array for maximum range
- 5 element “in range” light to indicate location of chosen talker and sufficiency of signal
- Microphone tilt capability to facilitate desktop, monitor top, ceiling, or wall mounting
- Power: converter from 120V AC to 6V DC included
Some suggested applications for the Voice Tracker:
Meeting and lecture recording:
Because the Voice Tracker can pickup at very long range while suppressing background noise, with a 360° field of view, it's best application in terms of units sold is meeting recording, lecture capture, and courtroom recording.
Lecture capture is the most appealing since more than 360 schools use the Voice Tracker, and many are large quantity users (have bought more than 100). The Voice Tracker is recommended by most of the lecture capture such as Tegrity, Echo 360 and Panopto. See the attached sales guide to understand the several benefits the Voice Tracker offers in this application.
Courtroom and deposition recording is another good application.The Voice Tracker I is usually preferred for meeting/lecture recording because of its longer pickup range, easy ceiling mount, and lower price. The Voice Tracker II is chosen if the user wants portability, or wants to use the microphone for additional applications like distance learning or conferencing.
The attributes that make the Voice Tracker I a good choice for meeting recording make it ideal for conferencing as long as it is connected to a system that has acoustic echo cancellation (Polycom, LifeSize, etc).
Automatic Speech Recognition:
Some people can't or don't want to use headsets or handheld microphones for automatic speech recognition. Consequently, we have sold quite a few Voice Trackers to doctors, lawyers and handicapped users.
This has been a small application, but is growing. The long pickup range of the Voice Tracker facilitates command-and-control throughout an entire room.